January 11, 2010

Twenty ten

Oh, like always, I have neglected this blog. Let's brush away the cobwebs.
(FYI, blogging more often is NOT a resolution. If it happens, it happens :) ).

Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's holidays were raucous celebrations with lots of family and friends and food. It seems right that the biggest feasts and parties are at the end of a year, but alternately, the Julian calendar starts us over in the deadest time of the twelve months. It is too cold right now in mid-Georgia for this Panhandle girl, although I hear that it's chilly there too. Anthony came home with a camera full of pictures of a frozen plaza fountain in mid-gush on Ft. Benning.

News:

Grad school (online through Troy University, MS in International Relations) has kicked off for me. With only two classes, I am handling the time-consuming reading and writing fairly well, and enjoy the subject matter. Tomorrow I will write on the application of morality in foreign policy.

My small home business (called Story and Spool) will be launching on etsy.com in February. I am indulging my creative side in afternoons playing with vintage gowns and dresses, making them fashionable again, but without compromising their decade's integral design. Pictures soon to come :)

Final Thought:

My resolution for 2010 mirrors an English saying from World War II propaganda art: "Keep calm and carry on". Although it seems a bit unemotional and underreaching, I know that this year holds many changes in store for Anthony and I, some of which may not be convenient or wanted. I want to look back in 2011 and see myself as a Proverbs 31 woman -- constant, hard-working and dedicated to her family. That doesn't sound like a roaring good time, but it is. Trust me, I'm (going to one day be) a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment