June 15, 2011

Soon and Very Soon

My recent five-day trip to and from Lima, Peru (3 days traveling, 2 days enjoyment) almost killed me, but was well worth the effort. As I'm sitting here, still feeling the jetlag, I am so excited to share about my sister Holly and her new husband, Manolo.

Holly and Manolo met at bible college in Lima, and there are plenty of goofy photos to document the beginning of their friendship -- work projects, short trips, pictures of him playing guitar. It wasn't until Holly took the summer off from school to live with me and work in Tallahassee that I realized she might actually like the guy! I was having a clean-the-house-Saturday and there she was, cozy in our office Skyping him. When the vacuum got too loud, she moved the laptop outside. When it got too hot outside, back in the office they went. SEVEN HOURS LATER, she was ready for dinner. If I had taken a moment to assess the situation, I would have been less annoyed by her not hanging out with me.

The romance continued when she returned to school and they began dating. Holly had never admitted to liking any boy, so I was semi-confident that this was her One. And he was. He befriended and won over our whole family and proposed the night that she graduated from bible college.

Manolo and Holly's wedding was one that truly made me think of The Marriage Supper of The Lamb. A pure bride, an expectant groom, a circle of saints and elders looking on as the two wash each others' feet (that was actually a part of their ceremony).  Their wedding song, as I've linked here, was perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5sypIy52dw

Congratulations to the newlyweds! I know that the Lord will greatly bless your marriage as you seek Him and serve each other in love.

And let us all love Jesus like this: with urgency, humility, patience, purity, longsuffering and the occasional 7 hour Skype :)

(Pictures to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment