June 6, 2011

Another Yellow Daydream

Do you ever daydream of the perfect job? What does it look like?

I have a few, one of which I'm living right now. It's hard work, but raising Emmy and supporting Anthony and his battalion has been very emotionally rewarding.

Here are my other dream jobs, some of which I plan to pursue, some of which are ridiculous, and others that might be aiming too low. I think writing them down will help me to get a grip on what I want the next few years of my life to look like, and how I need to pray and make sure that my steps are following in what God would have for me to do.

1. Independent bookstore owner/manager
2. Etsy-shop-girl*
3. Professor
4. Cameraman (with the over-the-shoulder camera and news station beat-up company car).
5. Radio personality
6. Food writer
7. High school art teacher
8. Hiking gear tester
9. Waitress**

* Sigh.... my Etsy shop has been on "vacation" almost since it opened. I have the will to do it, but the timing or resources or season has never quite clicked. Hopefully by July I will have plans in order to kickstart it again.

**I worked behind the counter at Tropical Smoothie throughout high school and junior college and was on staff with a caterer, but have never been the girl with the pad and menus. I think I would be great! :)

Tell me your dream jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment