June 2, 2011

Separation

I'm leaving in a week for my younger sister's wedding in Peru, and I'm both dreading the trip and terribly happy to be taking it.

I can't remember a time in my life without Holly. She has met the man of her dreams - tall, dark and handsome - and I'm both the maid of honor and florist. Yay! What a privilege to be a part of her special day, and I am so thankful that Anthony took the time and finances to really make this happen for me.

Since April, I have been stashing a (HUGE) supply of breastmilk to keep Emmy going the four days that I will be gone, but Houston, we have a problem. She just won't take a bottle. Though she does drink from it when it's in her mouth, she won't suck on it. About six weeks ago, she stopped using a pacifier, too. (She's really quite a content baby!) I've tried bottle after bottle and almost every type of nipple on the market. I've tried when she's full and when she's hungry.

I'm anxious to think that she will be frustrated and upset without me. She has food, but my worry is that she will be unhappy and have hard days without the comfort of nursing. All the blog advice and googling that I've tried has not worked so far. We're going home this weekend, so I think that Anthony's mom will be able to help, as she bottlefed her boys.

Help! Does anyone have any good tips? Encouragement to ease my mind? I just feel like I'm going to get into Lima, check in by phone with Anthony, and hear a bad report about how she's starving herself.

1 comment:

  1. Old-school Gerber rubber nipples to the rescue! She even lets me give her a bottle now :)

    ReplyDelete