August 17, 2011

Clothesline

I wish I had one of those up in a breezy, warm backyard. Mental note for next house.

I'm doing a few things this autumn. Packing, moving across town (somewhere!), reapplying to my grad program (because I haven't taken a course in over a year!), convincing myself to leave Emmy with a sitter so I can do FRG training (booooooo!), and a few other things that I can't remember at the moment. These require a little bit of planning and some elbow grease and a good deal of dread.

Here's my short-term goal for this autumn: Wear an outfit every single day. Coordinating clothes. Workout clothes only count if I'm really working out.

Revolutionary, I know.

The thing is, Anthony is "in the field" quite frequently, sometimes for days on end that turn into consecutive weeks. This means that I don't have to look nice for anybody, much less be seen by anyone other than Emmy on some days. But I need to, for my own mental health. I need to wear a pair of jeans. I need to put on a bracelet. I need to stop wearing that teal blue swimsuit dress cover-up that I bought as a postpartum recovery dress. I need to chuck that pair of almost see-through gray leggings with the hole in the butt. Seriously, when I check the mail in those bad boys, it's a sprint.

I'm not going to go all self-absorbed with it and post a Facebook mobile upload mirror shot every day, but I am going to tell myself that it's important because: a) I never know when Anthony is going to get home early, b) It's good incentive to exercise (real clothes are harder to fit into!), and c) I can feel accomplished about something, anything -- even if the to-do list is a mile long.

1 comment:

  1. rgirl, I am right there with you! I am ready to feel sexy again. Even in this postpartum body!

    ReplyDelete