August 18, 2011

Fall Refashion Challenge

I have clothes lying around that I hate. Some are frumpy. Some don't fit right. I purged my closet and drawers a couple of weeks ago, but still manage to find items that need work or need to go.

My friend Caroline (over at Busyland) posted this fall's Pantone palette on her Pinterest. (How's that for alliteration?!) If you're not familiar with the whole Pantone monopoly, it's basically a color company/system that the fashion industry uses to standardize colors. Here we have, then, the trendiest colors for fall... or at the least, what's going to be on the racks this autumn.


In an effort to keep to my fall resolution (wear an outfit everyday), I looked through my clothes-I-hate pile and actually found some colors from the chart. I stylishly showcase them below in my kitchen because, naturally, that's where my clothes wanted to be last night.


Tank top, men's dress shirt, old sundress, frumptastic skirt, tshirt

Bingo! We have Fall Tones # 2,3,5,9 & 10 all right there. My challenge to myself is to refashion each item into something wearable that doesn't look super homemade. This will actually be quite a challenge, since each piece, except for the men's dress shirt, is pretty well worn. This is not a zero-sum game, either. I'm going to buy new fabrics and accessories to help the process along. Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll have at least one piece completed by tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and your idea to get stylish this fall! I was so happy to come across this color list and will be doing the SAME thing with my closet soon!

    I can't wait to see (or hear) about all your great looks!

    ReplyDelete