December 9, 2011

Another Lesson Learned

I  consider myself a fair-to-average crafter, good decorator, great seamstress and excellent cook.
Sometimes, though, it just doesn't work out.

The other night, I attempted to pan-fry tiny grouper nuggets. They literally disintegrated into a pile of fish mush in the pan, and we ended up ordering dinner. Shout out to Mark's City Grill!

A few weeks ago, I wanted to make cozy baby boots for Emmy. I didn't need no stinkin' pattern.

Hmm... that is a general shoe appearance. Hey, Emmy, do you want to wear these? But they're made by your mama, with lots of love. What do you mean, other kids have shoes with shape?


Ah, okay, I see what you mean. I wouldn't give these boots to Dobby, and I didn't even bother to finish the top seam. They. Are. Horrendous.

So, the lesson of the day is that sometimes I don't know it all and I need a pattern. Or a merciful friend to tell me what's what. Or the Bible to point the way.

"But He gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." - James 4:6

P.S. Tryna, if you're reading this, Jonah will not be receiving a pair of Dobby boots. And he's better for it :)

P.P.S. If anyone needs a soulful, heartbroken song, listen to "Lesson Learned" by Alicia Keys. So good.

1 comment:

  1. I actually kind of like the dobby boots. not lying.
    also, it's good for the occasional reminder that we are not supermamas. I think God slips those in so we do not get too self-reliant. otherwise...what need have we for Him?

    ReplyDelete