January 3, 2012

New Year's Will Bring Me to You

(name that song & artist ^ and you get a big digital hug from me for having great musical taste)

Christmas came and went, and here it is, 2012. I'm going to take an hour one of these days and write out all about our time at home, and about the horrors of roseola, and how apparently you can PMS without PMSing, and how amazing simple dates with my husband are, but for now, I'm looking forward.

This year's calendar is already so full: Emmy's first birthday, lots of "trips" for Daddy, big projects for Mommy to tackle. Our family has some singular challenges in store, but none that we can't tackle with a little bit of Rosie the Riveter attitude and a lot of Holy Spirit strength.

I usually do one New Year's resolution a year. The last two were to stay in touch with friends and to not give unsolicited advice.

This year, I'm amping it up to a handful instead of just one. Here goes!

Give more instead of being crazy about finding a deal. Store up treasures in heaven. 
Grow a victory garden.
Love on my friends and family by remembering and making special their birthdays.
Read the whole Bible.

2 comments:

  1. I like your resolutions. And if you'd like some company during any of our husbands' "trips", let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, I am TOTALLY going to take you up on that. I bet the girls would love to hang out too :)

    ReplyDelete