March 6, 2012

I Did Not Panic: A Story of Near-Panicking

As my friend Abigail pointed out, "This is sooo a blog post."

And you know what? I kind of already wrote this story tonight. So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a tale of bravery, surprise and animal kingdom/humankind dangerous encounters.

Text Messages, Tuesday night, 7:56 p.m.

Me: Just got a live bat out of my house by myself. No big deal.

Abigail: You are such a legit army wife right now! That's CRAZY

Me: I know, stuff ALWAYS happens when they're gone. It was crazy, I was just glad that Emmy was already tucked in. Probably not gonna sleep any tonight, but I did do a house search and I think it was just a rogue operator ;)

Abigail: How did it GET IN?! That's craziness I can't even imagine doing that with out involuntarily screaming the whole time lol

Me: I was like screaming with my mouth closed bc I didn't want to wake Emmy up. I had the garage open around twilight to put away the jogging stroller, and had the downstairs den door open too. It was hanging in the netting in the playpen in that downstairs room. Either that or it crawled into the laundry room through a pipe or something and then came in? Truly a mystery.

Abigail: Oh.my.gosh. In the playpen?! I would have freaked!!! This should aalllll have been part of the Real Housewives of the Army that I feel we need to be a part of

Me: Yes! It was staying there TO BITE MY BABY as soon as it could. And we are perfect candidates. I need to work on my tagline... "bats, babies, boots, all in a day's work".

Abigail: HAHAHA perfect!

Abigail: This is sooo a blog post

Me: Dude. This is a life memory. I stress ate half a bag of trail mix, an italian ice and a toaster pastry immediately afterward.

Abigail: Girl. That is the only thing to do in such a situation

Me: I'm glad you agree :)

1 comment:

  1. After I saw your FB status last night I was hoping you had posted something about this :o) I can sympathize but I don't think I was quite as brave as you. The things we have to when our husbands are gone. And by the way, I would totally watch The Real Housewives of the Army if you two were on it.

    ReplyDelete