June 1, 2011

One Glad Morning

One glad morning, when this life is o'er,
I'll fly away.
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away.

All of a sudden, here is our 4th wedding anniversary! Anthony and I were married on Saturday, June 2, 2007, on the first rainy day in a summer drought. Tonight we will celebrate with a special dinner at the house, and I hope to get in an hour or two in the porch swing with him at his mom's house this weekend, just like the end of each date night many years ago. I am making gazpacho, bread with herbs and oil, rosemary-mustard rack of lamb, and roasted vegetables. I'll also pick up some dessert from the Fresh Market.

I cannot imagine my life without this man. I love him dearly and my current daily routine revolves around his presence or absence. Only three weeks ago, I received a morning call from a friend and fellow Army wife, who solemnly told me that her husband (Anthony's friend) was killed in action in Aghanistan. My heart breaks for her, although it is a comfort to know that he is now on "God's celestial shore". It hurts to be this happy and content while my sister will not see another anniversary with her love until God calls her home too.

Happy Anniversary, my dear! And forgive my bittersweet talk on this day. Together or apart, we are one. I will forever love you.

1 comment:

  1. You two are my inspiration of a young Godly marriage; Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete