July 13, 2011

Cowgirl Food

My littlest sister Rebecca is spending two weeks with me. Firstly, because I like her company. Secondly and thirdly, because Anthony is in the field and I can always use the help with Emmy and also because what 16-year-old doesn't need a break from her parents when she's the only one left in the nest?

With my ("this is ground turkey!?!?!?") husband campin' in a tank, Rebecca and I have been experimenting with what Pioneer Woman would call Cowgirl Food. So far we've made chocolate avocado pudding, Caroline's frozen fruit pops, moussaka, pitas with sprouts, spicy ginger-carrot dressing and "fish hash". Fish hash was tilapia that we couldn't wait to dethaw, so we broke it into a million pieces and cooked it all into a pan. Then we ate it with the ginger dressing. And it was good. Super good.

Also, Rebecca changed her first diaper EVER. When I was half her age, I had changed enough diapers to cover two Duggar families. It makes sense, though, as she's the baby of the family and stuffed animals don't really do the #2 thing.

It's been a good week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment