July 12, 2011

Shark Meat Sandwiches

Vacation time, real honest-to-goodness, two-parent vacation time is coming. I was on the road with Emmy all last week visiting friends and family while Anthony is training. It was tough! Lots of planned driving according to nap schedules, lots of using someone's washer to do cloth diapers, and lots of Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs" on repeat. Ok, that part wasn't tough.

Our destination -- Florida's Gulf Coast -- is truly my favorite place on earth. From Pensacola to Apalachicola, it's just so beautiful, not to mention where I spent almost every other weekend of my childhood.

Anthony and I are letting Papi and Grandmommy hold a two-day summer camp for Emmy while we try to catch sharks, re-enact Kate and Jack on a dinner cruise, and fall asleep on the beach until we turn bright red.

We'll bring back some shark meat for sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment